Welcome to my blog "aboud the world with matty". I'm Matty and I'm inspired by the continent boxes I found all over the internet. I started filling my own personal boxes and i'm collecting all kinds of stuff.
First of all, excuse me if my english isn't all perfect but i'm a dutch girl. I'm doing this blog in english because it's about such a international subject and I like to share it with lots of people.

I will post things about my continent boxes, about DIY activities and food from all over the world so you can experiance the world from your living room or kitchen together with your kids.

donderdag 1 mei 2014

Books: Holland - Charlotte Dematons

Holland – a land full of surprises, strange traditions, free-spirited people and a rich history.

Charlotte Dematons, known for her well-loved picture book The Yellow Balloon, grew up in France, but moved to the Netherlands to study art as so many have before her. With the eye of an outsider but a warm heart for the country that became her new home, Charlotte Dematons paints with a keen eye for the detail for everything that makes The Netherlands so Dutch.

It's easy to see how New York was first New Amsterdam when delving into modern-day Holland. The idiosyncrasies that make Holland so unique are revealed: from pensionada in unisex rain jackets on their bikes to a grandmother with her walker, skating on the ice, between the scenes of Avercamp, Bruegel and Bosch – and of course the multicultural Dutch society revealed and celebrated with wit and warmth.


Also Available: Holland and 1000 Things About Holland set. 1000 Things About Holland explains all the details of every amazing picture, making this book both an I Spy book and an armchair travel guide for anyone already fond of this small country of tulips, windmills and so much more.


For all the Dutch readers of my blog: hier een beschrijving van het boek in het Nederlands op mijn kinderboekenblog: http://www.mattysleukstekinderboek.blogspot.nl/2013/12/nederland-charlotte-dematons.html

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten