Welcome to my blog "aboud the world with matty". I'm Matty and I'm inspired by the continent boxes I found all over the internet. I started filling my own personal boxes and i'm collecting all kinds of stuff.
First of all, excuse me if my english isn't all perfect but i'm a dutch girl. I'm doing this blog in english because it's about such a international subject and I like to share it with lots of people.

I will post things about my continent boxes, about DIY activities and food from all over the world so you can experiance the world from your living room or kitchen together with your kids.

zondag 15 juni 2014

National Anthem: South Africa

Today I'm flying to South Africa to do some volentering in the next 8 weeks.
So the next National Anthem Í'm doing is the South African (offcourse).

What I really like about this anthem is how it is build up from 5 of the 11 languages that South Africa has. Xhola, Zulu, Sesotho, Afrikaans en English.
I actually think the South African anthem is one of the most beautiful in the world.

Here are the lyrics of the South African anthem:


(Xhosa)
Nkosi sikelel' iAfrika
Maluphakanyisw' uphondo lwayo,

(Zulu)
Yizwa imithandazo yethu,
Nkosi sikelela, thina lusapho lwayo

(Sesotho)
Morena boloka setjhaba sa heso,
O fedise dintwa le matshwenyeho,
O se boloke, O se boloke setjhaba sa heso,
Setjhaba sa, South Afrika — South Afrika.

(Afrikaans)
Uit die blou van onse hemel,
Uit die diepte van ons see,
Oor ons ewige gebergtes,
Waar die kranse antwoord gee,

(English)
Sounds the call to come together,
And united we shall stand,
Let us live and strive for freedom
In South Africa our land.
 
 


Also listen to the song below, it's the same anthem but it repeats the pieces and I think it is really beautiful.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten